Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Have A Heart!

Those of you who know me personally or follow me on my Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and all other social media outlets already know that I have a charitable heart. I have volunteered for and worked tirelessly on several charity committees throughout the years. It's who I am. It's what I do. I'm asking for you to join me now and Have A Heart.

I'm walking in the 2012 Down East Heart Walk on Saturday, October 20, 2012 and I need all the support I can get! Why am I walking? Heart disease runs deeply in both sides of my family. I've lost grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to this disease. I decided a long time ago that's not going to be the way I go out. That's why I eat the way I do, exercise regularly, take supplements and maintain a healthy weight. I'm also committed to sticking around long enough to watch my 2 little nephews grow up and enjoy life!


I lost 2 very dear female cousins to congestive heart failure. According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the #1 killer of women, claiming almost 435,000 lives a year. Nearly one woman per minute! The AHA is working hard to change the perception that heart disease is a "man's disease" and have initiated the Go Red For Women program. Be sure to visit this link to learn the signs of a heart attack as well as download delicious, healthy recipes for you and your family.

Nearly 1 in 3 adults has some form of cardiovascular disease yet 80% of it can be prevented. In our region alone, an estimated 65,578 people die each year from heart disease and stroke. We can reduce this statistic by promoting a healthy diet and lifestyle. The American Heart Association has a goal of increasing cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20 percent by 2020 as well as reduce the number of deaths from heart disease and stroke by 20 percent. Adults aren't the only ones who suffer however....




The walk is 30 days from now, please Have A Heart and visit My Donation Page to contribute as much or as little as your budget allows. Send me a message to ggwinstead@gmail.com if you'd rather send a check or cash. Thank you SO MUCH for your support and consideration.

With heart,
GG

*All source material complements of the American Heart Association.

At your service, Gena G. Winstead Broker, Realtor, ABR http://www.GreenvilleNCBroker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment